PakMediNet - Medical Information Gateway of Pakistan

Discussion Forum For Health Professionals

Post a Message

Lost your password?

Post Icon:

Note: Only Health Care Professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists etc) and Members of this forum can add a message or reply to this message. Messages of the Non Health Care Professionals will be deleted without notification.

Topic Review - Newest First (only newest 5 are displayed)

zafkhan

Re: No more exemption from MRCP-I on the basis of FCPS (Medicine) from 2010

Is there any exemption from FRCP I on the basis of MRCP.

drazeem

No more exemption from MRCP-I on the basis of FCPS (Medicine) from 2010

From 2010 the Royal Colleges of Physicians will no longer offer the exemption route to any part of the MRCP(UK) Examination based on any of the following:

Fellowship of the College of Medicine of South Africa;
Fellowship of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan – Medicine;
Fellowship of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Bangladesh;
Masters in Medicine (MD (Medicine)/Clinical MD (Medicine) Khartoum) /Clinical MD (Sudan));
Master of Medicine (Singapore) – Internal Medicine;
Doctor of Medicine (Colombo) – Medicine;
Doctor of Medicine (West Indies) – Internal Medicine;
Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland;
Membership of the Royal College of Pathologists.

Prospective candidates for MRCP(UK) Examinations should note that the last MRCP(UK) Examination diets to which new entrants will be admitted through the exemption route will be the MRCP(UK) Part 2 Written and PACES Examinations in 2009/3. Once the application periods for these examinations are closed, no further exemptions will be granted to new entrants and new entrants will be required to progress through the MRCP(UK) by entering and passing all parts of the examination.

Existing arrangements will be honoured where candidates have already been granted exemption at Part 1.